Monday, June 28, 2010

Adoption Day

Today is the day when the adoption will be finalized per Chinese law, and Kievah will be officially our daughter. Her Daddy picked out her outfit this morning, and it seems an appropriate day to have "Daddy's Little Princess" written on her shirt.

She slept brilliantly from 8pm until 6:30am, and woke with a big broad smile when she saw us both sitting on the bed. We had a large breakfast, and I think she tried nearly everything on the buffet. I stuck with my beans on toast :). She has been trying out some English words and said a very loud "Thank you" when I passed her something at breakfast.

We leave shortly for the civil affairs building so I had better run, but I will post more later today. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, I could not have imagined our first day going as well as it has.

1 comment:

Sande Saimond said...

What a lovely, lovely daughter you have!!!!

Sande