Sunday, June 27, 2010
We are safely in Changsha
Hi everyone, we are safely in Changsha. Our local guide met us at the airport, her name is Amy. She has been assisting adopting families for over 10 years and has helped unite over 400 children with their forever families. Her English is excellent and we know we are in good hands.
Tonight we will get settled in our hotel, our room is on the 31st floor -and amazingly we are able to look DOWN on some fireworks in the city right now. Tomorrow at 2:30pm Amy will pick us up and take us to meet Kievah at the Civil Affairs Office. Apparently she will be brought from Hengyng City to Changsha by high speed train. Tomorrow will be our first day with Kievah, the adoption will not be finalized until Tuesday but she will spend 24 hours with us first. Amy promised to take us to Walmart on the way back from the Civil Affairs office so that we can buy some food and stock our room with a case of bottled water.
Since moving on to the mainland I am unable to connect directly with my blogsite, so I apologize if the formatting of this post and subsequent ones is poor. I am posting via email and cannot see the end result.
I have asked my sister in law to keep an eye on it, so hopefully she can sort it out if it looks terrible. I also hope she can post some pictures as I am not sure it will work for me via email.
Please remember us tomorrow and pray for Kievah, I am sure tomorrow will be the largest adventure in her life so far, and I cannot even begin to imagine what the enormity of the changes her life is about to go through feels like for a 6 year old. Hopefully the next time I post it will be with Kievah here in our room!
The boys back home are doing well too, and my Mum sounds like she is surviving too :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Fiona,
I have been out of town and am catching up! So glad I didn't miss watching you get to meet your daughter....Can't wait to check back!
We are anxiously watching your blog daily while on vacation, so exciting! Praying all goes well when you meet your daughter for the first time. The Schnecks
Post a Comment