Sunday, June 27, 2010

View from our Hotel

We woke early this morning, excitement and nervousness got the better of us I guess. We have been to breakfast, and yes I did eat beans on toast again! Chris was much more adventurous and had a little of everything I think, including chinese noodles with beef - looked more like dinner than breakfast to me. The buffet at this hotel is very cosmopolitan and included everything you would expect to see on a US hotel buffet, plus many things you wouldn't! I have to admit all I could think about, as I walked around looking at the choices, was what Kievah might eat tomorrow. I hope she is brave enough to point to whatever she likes.

The pictures are the view from our hotel window on the 31st floor. According to our guide Changsha is a medium sized city, with a population of about 3.5 million - pretty much the same as the whole of Ireland!

We have 6 hours left until we meet our daughter.

1 comment:

Wife of the Pres. said...

Just checking in. Can't wait to see an update!!! Prayers for you all. Today has been really hard here, but all is well for the moment. {{{HUGS}}}