Monday, July 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Well we are home and it feels SO good! The boys, Granny, and Grandma greeted us with balloons and welcome signs, and it was wonderful to see them all again. They all grew while we were gone, I am sure of it. It still takes me by surprise to have Kieran looking down at me, and Conor nearly eye to eye. I so vividly remember them being little boys sitting on their Daddy's shoulders.

The trip home was pretty uneventful apart from Kievah and I getting motion sick on the plane and car :( Weird especially for me since I fly all the time, but I was fine once back on solid ground. The only member of the family that Kievah wasn't happy to see was our puppy dog Patrick. She was very scared of him, even though he is only 10lbs soaking wet, and a ball of fur. Hopefully she will adapt to him quickly, I remember Colm having a similar reaction.

Colm was delighted to meet Kievah, and told his Uncle Kurt to speak to her in Spanish, because she might know that. He is very anxious for her to speak to him, it is hard for him to understand that she doesn't know what he is saying. Don't they look cute together?



Thank you all for following along on our journey to get Kievah. We are so glad she is now home with us and I'll try to keep you all updated here on how she is adjusting to life in the USA.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Granny and Grandma grew, too??!?! (Sorry, that was a Kurt-ism...LOL!)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for all of you! I enjoyed visiting with Velma on Sat. and also experiencing the excitement as the kids came back with welcome home balloons!
Nina

Sande Saimond said...

Awwww!! What wonderful welcome home signs.

Sande